Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My first blog

My first blog....

why I'm doing this....For me it will be cathartic....I have a mind that does not have an "off" switch (as my spouse calls it). So, in an effort, to clear my head and my thoughts, I will try to put pen to paper so to speak.


I am a (almost) 38-year old wife and mother. The O Show is almost 3 months old, and I've been happily married for 15 years (in November).


I live in beautiful mountais of Western NC and am a SAHM.

You may think that the title of my blog is a reference to Hawaii; however, Kiki is my nickname. My first "psuedo" child came up with this name. She couldn't say Kandi, and Kiki is what came out. As she grew, she would ask a million "why" questions. Everything was "Why Kiki, why?" So, it just stuck. In addition, it is how my brain works - "Why" is always running through my head.

I'm a growing Christian, and want my life to be authentic. My friend used this word a few weeks ago, and it has stuck in my brain. What does it take to be authentic? Am I living my life in this manner? Am I the same person at home and in the community that I am at church? Do these two areas of my life mesh together? It is a work in progress....

In HIS grip,



My first blog and I am cutting it short - the O Show is crying. So much for being cathartic; perhaps more later.



In His Grip,

2 comments:

  1. It will be cathartic -- it is for me in MANY ways -- I hope you enjoy it -- I do.

    And it is a great way to share pictures of Miss O -- if that is what you choose to do.
    Since I'm a follower now, my "dashboard" will show if you post anything new for me to read.
    HIP! HIP! HORRAY.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok maybe I'm... no scratch that I am blonde...so what's a SAHM?

    ReplyDelete