Thursday, September 24, 2009

How's your prayer life?

Honestly, sometimes I struggle in this realm....sure, I offer up the obligatory thank yous, please pray for so and so, forgive me for my sins...blah, blah, blah. I wonder if that's what God hears sometimes from us? I know He doesn't, but I know He longs for us to really have meaningful prayer time. Communication with Him is how we learn more about Him. Sometimes, it is a one-way conversation. I don't take the time to BE QUIET and listen to what He has to say to me!!

Webster's defines prayer as a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession; a devout petition to God.

Spiritual communion? I need lots of practice! What I learned today....prayerless lives = powerless lives. Prayerful lives = powerful lives (thanks Beth Moore!). Prayer turns cowards into conquerors, and constant (get that, constant) communication with Christ give me a continual supply of spiritual strength.

In Matthew 6 Jesus goes out to pray all night - imagine, praying all night. The Greek word for this is dianuktereuo which translates to endure a task through the night; staying/toiling at a task all night.

Have you ever endured praying through the night? Or for even more than 5 minutes? My prayer this week is that I will endure; that I will be on my knees, humbling myself, releasing my pride, and communicate with my Creator. I suppose I'll even be quiet and listen!

In His Grip,
Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment